If you’re like most people, you have a couple of overripe bananas around at least a couple of times a month. Sure there’s banana bread, but that gets old and is a little more time consuming than these simple bars.
These oat squares are not too sweet. You can eat them as a healthy snack (really yummy with peanut butter), or you can just crumble it up and enjoy like a cereal, or top your yogurt parfait with it.
Simple Granola Oat Bars
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried plums or raisins, dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp honey optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- Mash the bananas in large bowl, then stir well until creamy and smooth.
- Add oats, nuts, fruit and cinnamon, salt (and optional honey) to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Press into the greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares.