NUTRITION COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
Partnering with a registered dietitian can elevate your brand or product space with credible expertise. Great content will bring new perspectives to your messaging.
- Freelance Writing
- Communications Consultant
I have over 25 years of experience as a freelance writer. I’ve written thousands of newspaper articles, coauthored consumer books, textbook chapters, journal articles, and have been quoted in numerous magazines and newspapers. My core philosophy is to make healthy living doable. I recommend balanced and realistic eating patterns for good health because I want to put the JOY back into eating.
- Consumer Friendly Communications: Clear, evidence-based messaging about your products. I’ve co-authored several diet books designed to be helpful tools that will help your clients maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Content Writing: I am able to translate complex data into usable information for your clients. My work is well-researched and comprehensible. I’ve written thousands of articles on food, nutrition, and healthy eating on multiple platforms including The Meadville Tribune, Workitmom, Superkids Nutrition , and for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Science Writer: I have a knack for making science easier to comprehend for consumers and enjoy providing science-based content about nutrition, food, and ingredients. My experience includes writing technical articles for health care audiences, including my extensive writing on sugars and sweeteners, including a textbook chapter in Fructose, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sucrose and Health and a journal article for the Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. With a strong interest in biotechnology and agriculture, I’m an advisor for GMO Answers.
- Blogger: I provide well-reasoned dietary advice to the public via my Chew the Facts blog®. I am passionate about helping consumers decipher nutrition fact from myth, so they can enjoy eating for better health. Facts not fear!
Professional Presentations and Webinars
I work with companies, healthcare professionals, and organizations to deliver evidence-based presentations, workshops or webinars to their audience.
Worksite wellness workshops/presentations, or webinars on a variety of topics including:
- Nutrition Controversies
- The Facts about Sugar and Moderation
- Dietary Quality and Sweeteners
- DASH Diet: Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure
- Working as a Consultant: Opportunities in Private Practice
- The Flexibility to Working Online: Create Your Career Path to the Future
- Nutrition Facts the Whole Family Can Use
I can represent brands that I believe in and bring science-based facts to your audience in creative and practical ways.
- Sponsored social media messaging, blog posts, or doodle video creation
- Live social media or video
- Media – television, radio, print interviews
- Trade show representation
- Panel Expert
- Brand ambassador or corporate spokesperson
I partner with industry and can provide advice on how strategic messaging can help tell your story by offering new insight that connect to consumer trends. I can provide your company with content messaging, writing, video creation, and social media messaging for campaigns and projects, and can also provide trade show representation or speak on your behalf.
- Kellen Communications
- The Calorie Control Council
- Regular Girl® affiliate
- GMO Answers Ambassador Expert
- U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance
- Northeast Beef Council
- Beef Checkoff
- National Pork Board
- Tate & Lyle
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Beverage Association
- Corn Refiner’s Association
- Fleishman Hillard
- Mideast Dairy Association
- Allegheny College
- Northwestern Rural Electric Cooperative
- The Pennsylvania Dietetic Association
- Northwest PA Dietetic Association