As the nation works to reduce the spread of this novel (new) coronavirus, please do your part in helping to reduce the spread.
These guidelines work.
As food and nutrition professionals, dietitians are well aware that clean hands, clean surfaces, clean cookware, and proper food storage in your kitchen are all important to health and food safety.
Practices such as regular hand washing should be routine. In the case of the this new virus, it’s especially important because it spreads easily, and before symptoms occur. Even with the typical Flu A or B, or the common cold, hand washing and social distancing prevent their spread.
We are all being asked to step up and do our part as citizens, to support our country:
- Practice social distancing (avoiding social gatherings, stay 6 feet away from others).
- Stay home unless it’s necessary to go out.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Stay home if others in your household have tested positive for COVID19.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cover your mouths when sneezing or coughing. Then wash your hands before touching anything.
Click here for the Coronavirus Guidelines for Americans.