Very Veggie Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is light on pasta and heavy on veggies. Enjoy it at your next picnic.
Servings 8 people
- 6 oz spring pasta You can use regular, whole wheat, tri-color, or a combination.
- 1 jar marinated artichokes drained
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced bell peppers assorted colors
- 1 small can sliced black olives drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sliced cucumber halved
- 1 small can chick peas drained
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt-free Italian herb blend
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and let cool
Place artichokes through chick peas into a large serving bowl and toss. Add cooled, cooked pasta and mix to combine.
To make the dressing, mix olive oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl or glass jar. Stir to combine.
Pour dressing over pasta salad and toss well. Gently fold in the sunflower seeds and feta cheese. Add more freshly ground black pepper if you like.
Chill for at least one hour, or up to overnight. Serve.