Are you looking for delicious ways to add more protein and fiber to your diet?
While I don’t have a gluten sensitivity, many do. As an ambassador to the National Peanut Board, I occasionally get peanut-y gift sent to me. They was recently send this Peanut Flour Blend and decided to try it in a muffin recipe.
This Peanut Flour baking blend is a blend of peanut flour, buckwheat flour, and oat fiber. It’s makes delicious muffins and pancakes that are higher in protein and fiber than when using traditional all purpose (AP) flour. It’s light peanut flavor is ideal for muffins, pancakes, brownies or quick breads.
Added Fiber and Protein
Like whole wheat flour, peanut flour adds some fiber to your pancakes or quick breads. However this gluten-free peanut flour has six times the fiber, and triple the protein of regular all-purpose (AP) flour. Compared to almond flour, it also has less calories, and 80% less fat. It replaces AP flour with a 1:1 swap, so offers an easy substitution for your favorite baked goods.
High Protein Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups Peanut Flour spooned & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup nonfat or lowfat milk skip if using frozen blueberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped or peanuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F Grease a 12-cup muffin tin (or 6 muffin tin plus one small loaf pan)
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the oil and sugars in a large bowl. Whisk until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the yogurt and milk, and combine into egg mixture.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and gently blend until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Cool and serve.
Learn More About Your Eating Habits
Are you struggling with your eating habits and food choices? Do you feel guilty about eating certain foods? Have you been on and off diets for years? My Mindset Makeover guide will allow you to take a deep breath, back up, and start over. Learn these 3 steps that will help you balance your diet and lifestyle, and develop a healthy relationship with food.