I created this recipe as part of a paid partnership with Fiber One™ Original Cereal but all content and ideas are my own.
Most Americans only consume about 15 grams of fiber per day. That falls quite short of the 25 to 30 grams that’s recommended daily. Getting adequate fiber daily helps promote satiety and supports a healthy gastrointestinal tract. Fiber’s role in your health is significant!
@FiberOneTM Original Cereal makes meeting your fiber goals easier. Each 2/3 cup serving provides 18 grams of fiber at only 90 calories. It’s low in sugar too.
For National Fiber Month, I thought I’d “fiber-up” a fruit salad. This Fruit Cup with Fiber One™ Ricotta Crunch delivers the fiber and protein you need to keep your hunger in check and helps you feel full. It’s important to include some protein at each meal and snack too, so I also added some delicious part-skim ricotta.
Keep canned peaches on hand and you can whip this snack up anytime. I love the peach and berry combo, but feel free to switch it up using favorite fruits that you have on hand.
Fruit Cup with Fiber One™ Cereal Ricotta Crunch
- 1 cup canned peaches packed in juice, drained (juice reserved), cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Fiber One™ Original cereal
- Fresh mint optional
- Add the peaches, blackberries, raspberries and lime juice to a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Add the ricotta to a small bowl, then sprinkle in the cinnamon. Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved juice from the canned peaches and mix well.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture into two small dessert dishes. Top each with half of the fruit mixture, dividing evenly between the two. Add the remaining ricotta mixture to each cup, dividing evenly. Top each fruit cup with the Fiber One™ cereal, dividing evenly. Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
Total: 20 minutes
Serving: 1 fruit cup
Yield: 2 servings