If you are working on easy ways to improve your diet, adding more salads is a good option. Salads can be so versatile. They aren’t just about lettuce, but are a canvas for lean protein, beans, nuts, seeds and other vegetables and fruits.
Topping your salad with these heart healthy options improves nutrition, and in addition, flavor. Take a look at this delicious salad. I saved time by using a packaged mixed spring mix and shredded carrots. Added a sliced hard cooked egg (protein and choline) and some chopped pistachios (fiber and healthy fat), and a bunch of tomatoes and apple slices (more potassium and vitamin C and A). Delicious!
Check out all of our books for more information about healthy eating and a DASH lifestyle.
High Protein Spring Mix with Tuna and Egg
- 2 2.6-ounce pouches of albacore tuna
- 2 hard cooked eggs chopped
- 2 TB plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TB mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 TB minced onion
- 4 cups Spring mix washed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- Mix tuna, eggs, yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, celery and onion in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Divide spring mix onto two plates. Add the tomatoes, and peppers .Dress the greens with oil and vinegar
- Top the salad with a large scoop of the tuna mixture.
Prep 15 min. / Cook 10 min.