Since it’s National Nutrition Month®, I’ve decided to upgrade my blog by creating better recipe posts for you, that will include a print function.
I will be repurposing a few older posts so that you will have this improved recipe display. This is one of my favorite nutrient-packed side dishes. It does use Feta cheese, which is high in sodium, but it’s used in small amounts. My theory is this – make vegetables taste really good and you’ll eat more of them. The benefit of the swiss chard and chick peas outweighs the bit of extra sodium. Enjoy.
You’ll begin with washing and prepping the veggies, breaking cauliflower into flowerettes, and rinsing chick peas.
These will be roasted in the oven for about 20 minutes, at which point you’ll add the chopped Swiss chard.
Roast for another 10-15 minutes.
Then toss together in a casserole dish, adding feta and panko. Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
Roasted Cauliflower & Chick Peas with Swiss Chard & Feta
- 1 head cauliflower
- 7-8 ounce can of chick peas garbanzo beans
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 large bunch Swiss Chard
- 3 ounces Feta Cheese
- 3 TB Panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Clean 1 head cauliflower, cut out stem. Rinse, break into flowerettes
- Open a 7.75 ounce can of garbanzo beans (chick peas). Rinse well, drain and let dry.
- Place cauliflower and beans onto large baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 TB olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- While vegetables are baking, clean Swiss chard and dry. Chop coarsely.
- Add Swiss chard to pan, about 20-25 minutes into roasting cauliflower mixture (cooking chard for 10 minutes)
- Remove pan from oven. Add 3 ounces crumbled feta to a serving bowl. Transfer cauliflower-bean-chard mixture to oven-safe serving bowl and mix gently.
- Top dish with 3 TB Panko crumbs. Drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and return to oven for 10-15 minutes.