Moderate daily intake of alcohol can have some positive health effects for some people but not all. The best remedy for hangovers is to avoid them, but ’tis the season for holiday parties, and you may find yourself in a hungover situation come morning. Here are my seasonal tips:
- Always eat when you consume alcohol
- At the party, drink a glass of water in between every alcoholic beverage. Limit alcoholic drinks to 3 or less. As my good friend says “Pace yourself”
- If you do go overboard, down a pint of water with 2 aspirin or ibuprofen before going to bed
- If you have the headache and “queasies” the next morning, have a cup of tea with honey, a slice of toast, and an 8-ounce glass of orange or tomato juice.
- If you didn’t get a good night’s sleep, try to take a nap. Sleep cures.
Do you have any cures? Share them here!